Friends of the Choir
If you are often in our audience and enjoy our concerts, have you ever thought of becoming a Friend? Or perhaps you are able only to attend a few of our concerts yet would like to support us in another way. There is no doubt that the loyal support of our Friends and their financial contribution is invaluable to a choir such as ours, which receives no official funding or grant of any kind from any local or national bodies.
That support also helps ensure that the choir can continue to engage professional music staff of the highest quality and produce outstanding concerts with top-class professional soloists and orchestras at exciting venues.
There are several benefits for being a Friend. In return for an annual donation (we would suggest amounts of £25 or above) these are currently:
- Information in advance of forthcoming concerts and events
- Reserved seating for up to six persons (including you) at performances arranged and promoted by WCS, with the Christmas concert limited to two persons
- Reserved seating and post-concert drinks at the Christmas concert
- Accreditation in all concert programmes [You may opt-out if so desired]
- Free concert programme per Friend per concert
- Invitations to attend workshops and social events
- The opportunity to purchase CDs of recordings made by the choir and those associated with it as they become available
Friends are advised that they need to inform the Friends' Secretary, in advance of each concert they are attending, how many persons in total there will be in their respective parties so that the right number of seats can allocated. Thank you.
Colleen Spalding runs our Friends scheme and would be delighted to answer any questions or suggestions you may have about it. She can be contacted by email
or you can write to her at:
Friends of Wimbledon Choral Society
c/o Bakery House
40 High Street
London SW19 5AU
As part of the benefits noted above, Colleen publishes a regular newsletter to keep you informed of forthcoming concerts and events. Previous recent editions of this can be found below.